Pages



Sunday 10 November 2013

Opium/1

Red, silky, deep and gorgeous symbol of love and oblivion too, poppy is the most ephemeral flower.
Who haven’t ever tried to pick up one of them observing at the same time its beauty and its delicate fragility trough the sunlight? 
When I was a child and I went seeing my adorable grandma Antonia, who lived in the country, I was able to pass the entire afternoon in the fields, picking up and collecting tons of these beautiful ruby treasures. 
Then I came back to my mother’s infancy home and each time I became literally mad to dispose my branch in the most beautiful and artistic way before coming on my grandma knees to make her admire them. And, I also remember that each time the flowers were punctually almost dried after half an hour, provoking my instant disillusion and my envy to run out looking for another fresh branch.

Another happy memory is connected with a play I used to do with my cousins and my sister, guessing the colour of the closed blossom before opening it: if the colour was the right one between white, pink or red, then we could express a desire that would surely have happened if not told to anybody..

When I look at this flower I think about ephemeral splendour, love, silence and hoping desires.

The concept of my earrings wants to evoke the same kind of feelings.

 Opium earrings
Photos © Francesca Zabarella

Both are decorated with two small saturated red crystals. On the first one you’ll find a deep red poppy from an English XIX century herbarium. On the second one the image of a silent girl in love, sitting in a secret garden, wandering in her own thoughts with a small, precious poppy in her mouth. 

Opium earrings
Photos © Francesca Zabarella

To meet this enchanted creature have a quiet look here..

P.s. Click http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htobTBlCvUU
The perfect sound for these earrings!  

franci

No comments:

Post a Comment